India Market Entry: India Market Research
India, the fourth largest economy in the world (according to purchasing power parity), presents lucrative and diverse opportunities for western companies with the right products, services, and commitment. American exports to India have risen rapidly and India is already among the top fifteen trading partners to the United States. Its $1.8 trillion economy requires hundreds of billions of dollars of American and European products and services for its consumers, industry and government.
Amritt has developed a practical, systematic India market research approach to help Western clients reduce their risks and maximize the return on their investment and to help you compete and win in the India marketplace. With our global vision, local experience and network, we assist clients to acquire valuable market information, undertake comprehensive market analysis, draw up appropriate entry strategy, establish best distribution channels and expand our clients' business effectively in India, below are the services we are able to assist our clients:
India market research: in-depth market understanding
Market entry strategy: identification of the best distribution channels
India market analysis: are your products marketable in India’s markets and what is the potential
India market expansion: growth and increase of market share
Establishment of sales channels: implementation of market entry strategy
As a professional market research and consulting company for India, Amritt is able to conduct high quality customized India market intelligence, which includes industry research, product survey, competitor study, consumer research, study on sales channels, due diligence and investment investigation.
India’s requirements for equipment and services for major sectors such as energy, environmental services, healthcare, high-tech, infrastructure, transportation, and defense exceeds hundreds of billions of dollars in the mid-term as the Indian economy further globalizes and expands. India’s GDP has potential for a sustained growth of 8-10% for the next decade. Now is the time for many western companies to enter the rising Indian market.
Early market entry to India has many advantages including:
- Ability to lock-up access to key resources and create higher entry barriers for later entrants
- Ability to set the pattern of buyer preference in both consumer and industrial markets
- Ability to avail of government concessions and incentives
- Ability to observe and learn market attributes for a longer time period
One might think that global markets are accessible only to large companies with the deepest pockets. However, Amritt’s experience shows that smaller companies (SMEs) also have potential to succeed in international trade due to their flexibility and nimbleness.
In order to succeed in market entry to India, companies must carefully plan and execute their go-to-market strategy since India is such a complex and challenging country. India has various groups of consumers; their attitude, requirements, expectations, and desires differ by region. Problems can arise from a lack of market understanding and insufficient planning. Decisions made in the early stage— including organizational structure, partnerships, staffing, and market risks— will dramatically affect your success in the long run.
Amritt’s go-to-market services helps develop and execute roadmaps to launch your presence in India:
- Exploring opportunities in the Indian market – Identify and assess the specific opportunities, risks, and challenges in India in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Choosing product portfolios for India – Determine which product offerings in your portfolio should be marketed in India.
- Qualifying the right local partners – Establish local relationships by joint ventures and strategic alliances to handle issues such as sales, marketing, and distribution.
- Establishing new company operations overseas – Choosing location for companies that want to expand their operations to India.
- Facilitating regulatory compliance – Make sure that your processes are in line with both local requirements and Foreign Direct Investment rules using in-market third party help for legal, accounting, advertising, and public relations.
- Managing human resources – Qualify and recruit in-market executives and determine whom to expatriate to India from your western staff.
With Our India market research you are able to answer questions such as
- How do I know the target market segments in India are big enough for my product offering to be a success there? What is the size of the target market?
- How can I ensure that the different India target market segments understand my offering? Do I deliver different message to each segment and if so how?
- How should I market and promote my offering in each new region or state in India?
- Will my products or services need to be adjusted to meet the needs of the target market, and if so how?
- How can I price my products and services in the India target markets?
- What are the most promising routes to market in India? How should I seek to access the India marketplace?
- If there is an opportunity, what type of business would be best placed to make the most of this opportunity? For example should we begin by setting up a representative office or subsidiary in India? What about a joint venture? Or should we begin by tapping into a local distribution network?
We work in all sectors of India's economy including Aeropace & Defense, Agriculture, Architecture, Automobile, Banking & Financial Services, Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical, Construction, Consumer Goods, Education Services, Electronics, Energy, Food Processing, Franchise, Healthcare, Human Resources, Industrial Goods, Manufacturing Technology, Media & Entertainment, Nuclear Energy, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Retail, Semiconductor, Software, Telecommunications and Tourism & Hospitality
Amritt in the News
Amritt client Paramount Farms shares their success in India - India Journal
Bird of Gold or Fool's Gold How to Win in India - USC Asia Pacific Business Outlook
Amritt's Bagla engages USIBC President in Colloquy on US-India Business Relations - CNBC
India Marketing Articles
Global Marketing Articles
Third Party Resources
India Knowledge: Marketing
Webinar summary: Marketing to India - Webinar for companies trying to tap the Indian market
India Direct Marketing Association