Major cities in India
India is a diverse country
Being successful in India, requires an appreciation of the specific nuances of the specific city where you may operate. While there is some commonality across the entire country, there are large variations in fundamental variables such as language, buying habits, industries, heritage, connectivity to the world, and certainly costs and ease of doing business.
Here are some of the largest urban agglomerations in India with outline of how each is unique.
- Bangalore (sometimes referred to by the new name Bengaluru)
- Chennai (formerly Madras)
- Delhi NCR (including Delhi, New Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Faridabad)
- Hyderabad (and Secunderabad)
- Kolkata (formerly Calcutta)
- Mumbai (formerly Bombay)
- Pune (formerly Poona)
- Vadodara (formerly Baroda)
Amritt in the News
Third Party Resources
Indian Cities - Global Mayors website lists Indian cities
Maps of Indian cities - Maps of Indian cities on CD/DVD