Nuclear Components & Sub-assemblies
India was unable to import any foreign technology or nuclear-specific parts and subsystems from 1974 until 2010. Local companies have tried to manufacture whatever they could but there is now the possible demand for items from overseas. Heavy items such as the calandria are unlikely to be imported in the near future
Some of the items that may be required are:
- Nuclear-quality valves for feedwater, steam dump, pressure relief, reactor coolant, sampling, service water, safety injection applications. The power stations may need globe, knife gate, swing check, buttefly and other configurations.
- Ferrous and non-ferrous piping and tubing for light water, heavy water, buried, overground applications with a wide range of diameters and wall thicknesses.
- Actuators for numerous applications
- Coolant and other Pumps for nuclear island and conventional island applications
- Heat exchangers and condensers
- Instrumentation and Control components and subsystems.
- Seals, gaskets, bellows, bearings
- Perimeter security systems in light of terrorist threats
- Waste processing, storage and monitoring containers and systems